- Serves 4
Looking for something a little different for Pizza Friday - try a calzone.
- 500 g pizza and foccacia mix
- 2 tbsp plain flour for dusting
- 280 g jar char-grilled vegetables in oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 410 g can chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- ¾ cup grated pizza cheese (90 g)
- Prepare 1 x 500g sachet of dough according to instructions on the pack. Reserve remaining sachet for another use. Knead well on a lightly floured bench for at least 10 minutes. Leave in a covered, greased bowl for 20 minutes in a warm place to rise.
- Meanwhile, to make filling, drain vegetables, reserving 1 tblsp of the oil. Chop into 2cm pieces.
- Heat reserved oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in chopped tomatoes, vegetables and pizza cheese.
- Knock down dough. Turn out on a lightly floured bench. Divide into four equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 20cm circle.
- Spoon quarter of the vegetable mixture onto half of each circle. Brush edges with water. Fold over to enclose. Pinch edges to seal. Place on a lightly oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||73.2 g|
|- Sugars||13.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|