- Serves 4
There's nothing better than a warm soup when the weather gets chilly. With chicken & bread pieces, leek, carrot & potatoes, this is one delicious winter warmer.
- 2 large chicken breasts (250 g each), trimmed
- 2 small carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 leek, white part only, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large washed potato (270 g), peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 300 ml tub light thickened cooking cream
- Crusty bread and cracked black pepper, to serve (optional)
- Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked. Drain. Cool chicken slightly. Thinly shred.
- Lightly oil same saucepan. Place over a medium heat. Add carrot and leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add potato, stock and cream to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until potato is tender. Stir in chicken.
- Serve soup with crusty bread and cracked black pepper (optional).
To save time, replace chicken breasts with cooked shredded chicken. Omit Step 1 and add shredded chicken in Step 3.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|