If you like Toblerones, this cheesecake recipe is a real treat. It only takes 30 minutes to prep – the hardest part is waiting for it to set before digging in!
- 250 g packet (un-iced) chocolate biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- whipped cream, to serve
- 400 g block Toblerone chocolate
- 2 x 250 g packet cream cheese, chopped at room temperature
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measures 22cm). Grease and line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and almond meal. Process until combined. Press over base and three-quarters of the way up side of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, cut Toblerone in half and chop into pieces. Reserve remaining Toblerone for decoration. Place chopped Toblerone in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Cool.
- Beat cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in chocolate until combined. Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until just combined. Spoon into biscuit crust. Smooth over top. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- Remove side of pan. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Decorate with remaining chopped Toblerone. Serve with whipped cream.
* Try using a straight-sided cup to press biscuit mixture up the side of pan.
* Replace almond meal with hazelnut meal, if you prefer.
* Ensure melted Toblerone chocolate is cooled before adding to cream cheese mixture to prevent it from curdling.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||33.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.3 g|
|- Sugars||39.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|