Recipe by: Janelle Bloom
Frosé (frozé? Frozay?) is this season's hottest new drink. What is it? Basically, it's a frozen rosé slushie. And this version includes watermelon and vodka!
- 750 ml bottle rosé wine (dry)
- 1.25 kg seedless watermelon
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) chilled vodka
- mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- Pour the rosé into a large snap lock bag. Expel the air and secure. Freeze overnight until solid.
- Discard the watermelon rind then cut fruit pieces. Place into a blender with the icing sugar. Blend until smooth. Strain into a jug, you should have 2 cups of juice.
- Add the vodka and frozen rosé to the blender. Blend until just combined. Pour into 6 large wine glasses. Pour 1/3 cup (80ml) watermelon into each glass. Garnish with mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.6 g|
|- Sugars||11.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|