Recipe by: Baby Mac
- Makes 20
Forget everything you thought you knew about scones - Baby Mac has the easiest-ever scone recipe, that uses only 3 ingredients! Oh, and jam and cream of course.
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 300 ml lemonade
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix roughly until well combined and a thick dough has formed.
- Flour your bench. Place dough onto the bench and using your hands, give it a quick knead until the dough shapes into a ball.
- Press down on the dough until it is 1-inch thick, patting away like a baby’s bottom.
- Use your scone cutter to cut out dough portions, then place portions onto a lined baking tray, with portions quite close together. They will all lean in together and join a little while cooking, but are easy to pull apart once baked.
- When you have cut out all you can, re-roll out the dough, then press it back out flat to get the most scones out of your dough.
- That's it! I don't add a milk or egg wash; just whack them into a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top, (during cooking time, you can whip some cream into soft peaks, and get that strawberry jam ready too).
- Pull apart and serve immediately with a good dollop of jam and cream.
If you don't have a scone cutter, you can use the end of a champagne glass. Dip the end into flour beforehand, so the dough doesn’t stick to the glass.
You can freeze leftover scones (although there are rarely scones left!)
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|