- Makes 16
This choc chip cookie recipe comes with added crunch & sweetness thanks to added pecans & dried cranberries. The chewy cookies are excellent for picnics.
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk chocolate melts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Add flour, choc melts, cranberries and pecans. Stir until combined.
- Roll 2 tbsp of mixture into balls. Arrange about 4cm apart on prepared trays.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Cool on trays. Serve.
Replace milk chocolate with dark chocolate and cranberries with sultanas, for a fruity alternative.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.0 g|
|- Sugars||22.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|