Recipe by: Create Bake Make
- Makes 24
Everyone loves Anzac biscuits, so why not try it in slice form? Create Bake Make shares her easy recipe that's perfect for lunchboxes or with a hot cup of tea.
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave paper hanging over the edges to help you remove the Anzac Slice from the tin once baked.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and coconut.
- Place butter and golden syrup into a small saucepan and cook over a low heat for 6 minutes, stirring regularly until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bicarbonate of soda and boiling water, and stir to dissolve. Remove the melted butter mixture from the heat and stir in the dissolved bicarbonate of soda mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and use a large spoon to stir together to combine.
- Pour the slice into your prepared baking tin and using the back of a spoon, press the mixture evenly into the tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until the slice is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the slice from the oven and allow it to completely cool in the tray before cutting into squares.
This Anzac slice can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.8 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|