- Makes 24
Thanks to mango-flavoured jelly crystals, you can enjoy the best taste of summer, even when fresh mangoes aren't in season – this cheesecake slice is heavenly!
- 250 g packet malted milk biscuits
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp water
- 405 ml can apricot nectar
- 250 g block cream cheese, chopped
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sour cream
- 85 g packet mango-flavoured jelly crystals
- ½ cup boiling water
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small, heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool.
- Reserve 1 cup of the apricot nectar for topping.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture and remaining apricot nectar until combined. Beat in sour cream until smooth.
- Pour filling over biscuit base. Smooth over top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make topping, dissolve crystals in water in a medium, heatproof jug. Stir in reserved apricot nectar. Gently pour jelly over filling. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into squares.
Try replacing mango jelly with passionfruit jelly.
Slice can be made up to one day ahead. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|