If you love ginger, this is the slice for you! With a sweet coconut, pink-coloured icing, and buttery ginger-infused base, this slice is great for cake stalls.
- 400 g packet digestive biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup glacé ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- liquid rose-pink food colouring, to tint
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in coconut, ginger, cinnamon, spice and rind.
- Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add to biscuit mixture with condensed milk. Mix well. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- To make topping, place icing sugar, butter and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Tint pink. Spread over slice. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into rectangles.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.8 g|
|- Sugars||22.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|