- Serves 4
There's no need for takeaway, when you can get fakeaway! This super simple chicken pad Thai recipe is ready in 20 minutes – it will save you money and time!
- 200 g packet dried Pad Thai noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 240 g jar pad Thai paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 green spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 fresh long red chilli, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Chopped peanuts, coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- Prepare noodles as directed on packet, then drain and refresh under cool water. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a non-stick wok over high heat. Stir-fry chicken strips in 2 batches for 4-5 min each, or until cooked through.
- Return all chicken to wok, add pad thai paste and cook 1 min. Add the garlic, spring/ green onions and chilli, stir-fry for 30 sec. Make a well in the centre, add eggs and stand for 1 min, then stir-fry through gently.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry until heated through. Remove from heat and quickly toss in the bean sprouts. Garnish with chopped peanuts, coriander sprigs and lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.6 g|
|- Sugars||1.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|