Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Because this tasty salad travels well, it’s useful to take as a contribution to a shared meal or barbecue, or to work in your lunchbox. It's a great Asian side.
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage, or regular cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sake or dry sherry
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- Place the finely shredded Chinese cabbage or regular cabbage in a large bowl. Work between your fingers to soften and moisten. Add bean sprouts, coriander, chives, peanuts and sesame seeds and toss to evenly combine.
- To make Sake Dressing, shake all ingredients in a small jar. Just before serving, toss Sake Dressing through Asian Slaw.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||2.9 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|