- Serves 4
Need a dinner for tonight but out of ideas? Give this Italian pasta salad with red wine vinegar and garlic a try! It's on the table in less than 30 mins.
- 300 g farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, halved crossways
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 x 150 g uncrumbed veal schnitzel
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water for 8 minutes. Add asparagus and zucchini. Boil for a further 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Whisk well.
- Season veal.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until tender. Remove. Thinly slice.
- Place veal, pasta, asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and parmesan in a large bowl. Pour over dressing. Gently toss to combine.
Any shaped pasta can be used. Replace parmesan with torn bocconcini for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|