- Serves 6
This one-pot cheesy pizza pasta is great for Friday nights. With beef mince, mozzarella, penne pasta and tomato pasta sauce, it's an Italian-inspired delight!
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 100 g sliced pepperoni
- 785 g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 500 g penne pasta
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan forced). Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a spoon, for 5–7 min or until browned. Roughly chop two-thirds of the pepperoni and add to the pan, cook 2 min.
- Add the pasta sauce, dried herbs and season to taste, stir to combine. Add the pasta and 5 cups water, bring to the boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15–20 min, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese and top with remaining pepperoni slices. Season with cracked black pepper and bake, uncovered, for 8–10 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with a salad on the side.
If making for young children, replace the pepperoni with ham, mild salami or even cabanossi.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.3 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|