With juicy pomegranate seeds, crunchy pistachio pieces and fresh coriander leaves, this easy spiced salmon and rice dinner is just bursting with deliciousness.
- ⅓ cup korma curry paste
- 2 tbsp Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- roughly chopped pistachios, to garnish
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Combine yoghurt with 2 tablespoons of the korma paste in a bowl. Spread over salmon fillets to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wide, deep frying pan, with a lid, over medium-high heat. Cook salmon fillets for 2 min each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Heat a further 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Add the onion, cook 3 min. Stir in remaining curry paste and spices, cook 30 sec. Add the apricots, currants, rice and 3 cups water. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 min.
- Remove lid and place salmon pieces on top of rice. Cover and cook for a further 8–10 min. Stand, covered, for 5 min or until salmon is cooked. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, chopped toasted pistachios and coriander leaves. Serve with yoghurt if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||88.7 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|