- Serves 8
Laxpudding, a Swedish classic, is a smart yet comforting potato bake.
- 500 g skinless, boneless salmon fillet
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1.5 kg waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 bunches dill, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 500 ml full-fat milk
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Slice fish as thinly as you can, then season with 1 tsp of sea salt. Let it rest for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan. Layer the salmon, potatoes, onion and dill in a deep ovenproof dish, beginning and ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk and seasoning together in a bowl and pour over the top.
- Bake for 1-1½ hrs until the potatoes are nicely browned.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|