- Serves 6
Dried porcini add an earthy flavour boost to this vegetarian mushroom lasagne recipe. Easy to make, it's perfect for both entertaining and everyday cooking.
- 30 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 500 ml thickened cream
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 750 g flat mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 10 large fresh lasagne sheets
- 25 g butter, softened
- 150 g parmesan, grated
- Pour boiling water over the porcini to just cover. Put the cream, stock and bay leaf in a large pan, bring to a simmer, then reduce by half. Remove the porcini, squeeze dry and finely chop. Pour the porcini soaking liquid, through a seive, into the cream, and cook until it has thickened to the consistency of thickened cream. Remove the bay leaf.
- Put oil in a large pan, add the flat mushrooms and porcini and cook until browned and the liquid has been reabsorbed. Stir in the parsley and cool.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan-forced 180°C. Pour the cream into a blender, whizz, add the egg and whizz again. Boil the pasta for 1-2 minutes and drain really well. Brush a baking dish (about 20 × 30cm) with butter, and add a layer of pasta, cutting the sheets to make a single layer if you need to. Ladle the cream over, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Scatter with the mushroom mix, then add more pasta. Continue layering pasta with cream, cheese and mushrooms, finishing with pasta topped with cream and cheese – you’ll need about 4-5 layers. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||31.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|