Fideuà is Spanish dish similar to paella, that uses short strands of pasta instead of rice.
- 350 g angel hair pasta, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced, plus 1 crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 16 raw peeled king prawns
- 750 g mussels, cleaned
- 150 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- crusty bread to serve
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large, shallow pan then tip in the pasta and stir, letting it turn gently golden in the heat of the oil. Add the sliced garlic, paprika and saffron and sizzle for 30 seconds, then add the tomato and ¾ of the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peeled prawns, mussels and the rest of the stock and simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste and stir as you go, the pasta should be cooked but not mushy and the stock should be almost totally absorbed. Once the mussels are open and the prawns are pink, add the peas to heat through.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the crushed garlic and a pinch of saffron and serve with the fideuà (angel hair pasta).
Nutritional Information: PER SERVING 700 KCALS | FAT 37.2G | SATURATES 4.2G | CARBS 53.4G | FIBRE 7G | PROTEIN 34.2G | SALT 1.5G
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||73.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|