- Serves 4
A clever way to introduce kids to mushrooms, this sausage, pasta & mushroom recipe is rich in tomato, garlic & onion flavour, all ready in less than 20 mins.
- 375 g casarecce pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g sliced button mushrooms
- 500 g Italian pork sausage, cut into 2cm pieces
- 680 g jar tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add sausages. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through.
- Add sausages and mushrooms to pasta in stockpot. Stir in sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Stir over a medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley.
- Serve pasta mixture topped with parmesan and pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||89.7 g|
|- Sugars||21.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.3 g|