- Makes 24
These fudge cookies use the gooey chocolate bar favourite, Mars Bar, to give it an extra level of chocolatey deliciousness. The kids will love these cookies…
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 75 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 x 53 g Mars bar
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and cocoa in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in combined sifted flour and baking powder. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place 5cm apart on prepared trays. Press with palm of hand to flatten slightly. Cut each Mars bar into 12 slices. Gently press a slice onto each cookie.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 18 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Cool completely on trays. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.3 g|
|- Sugars||10.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|