- Serves 6
A great weeknight dinner idea when having your friends around. Beef tastes delicious with a unique pink peppercorn sauce that will have your friends raving…
- 6 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- Salt, to taste
- micro herbs, to garnish
Pink peppercorn sauce
- 25 g butter, chopped
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 3 tsp canned pink peppercorns in brine, drained
- Season steaks with salt.
- Heat an oiled, large, heavy-based, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, while making the sauce.
- To make sauce, melt butter in same heated pan. Add eschalot. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until soft. Add wine. Simmer for about 1 minute, or until slightly reduced. Blend ½ cup of stock with cornflour in a small jug until smooth. Add to pan with remaining stock and peppercorns. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve beef with sauce. Garnish with micro greens.
Remove steaks from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking. Cook on one side until moisture appears on top, then turn them over. The more you turn the steaks, the tougher they will become.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.2 g|
|- Sugars||0.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|