These sweet potato skins are scooped and re-stuffed with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, fresh chives and smoked paprika. It's a deliciously different side.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (1.3kg)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese block
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 thinly sliced fresh red chilli, to garnish
- Cut potatoes in half lengthways. Place, cut-side up, on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 45 minutes, or until tender and edges are browned. Remove and cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out flesh from centre of each potato, leaving a thin shell, being careful not to tear the skin. Return shells to same oven tray.
- Combine flesh in a large bowl with chives, cheeses and pepper. Mix well. Divide mixture among potato shells.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve sprinkled with extra chives and chilli.
Choose even-sized sweet potatoes so they cook in the same time. Potatoes can be prepared up to the end of Step 4 several hours ahead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.8 g|
|- Sugars||2.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|