- Serves 4
Because why can't burgers be a breakfast thing? Grab your English muffins and stuff them with lean beef mince patties with Italian herbs for a weekend special!
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 200 g sausage mince
- 1 tsp Italian dried herbs
- 4 smoked cheese slices
- 4 eggs
- 4 English muffins, split in half and toasted
- ⅓ cup aioli
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- Mix beef mince, sausage mince, dried herbs, and salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 x 10cm patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add patties and cook for 4 min. Turn patties over, top each with a cheese slice and cook for 2-3 min, or until meat is cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Crack eggs into pan and fry to your liking.
- Spread the toasted muffin halves with aioli mayo. Top each base with 2 tomato slices, patty, fried egg, rocket and a muffin top. Serve with preferred sauce and potato gems or hash browns.
To turn this into an eggs benedict burger, top burger patties with crispy bacon, an egg and a spoonful of hollandaise sauce. Serve a rocket salad on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.9 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|