- Serves 2
Filled with flavour, this light-as-a-feather omelette is Sunday breakfast, sorted. With salmon, lemon & baby capers, it's much more than a simple omelette.
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to sprinkle
- 40 g grated cheddar cheese
- 60 g hot smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked into small pieces
- Black pepper, to season
- baby capers, to garnish
- micro herbs, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Put egg yolks, mascarpone and chives in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a second large bowl, whisk egg whites using electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold through egg yolk mixture.
- Heat oil in a 22cm nonstick lidded frying pan over a medium heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until little bubbles appear all over surface. Sprinkle with cheeses and salmon. Cover with lid and cook for a further 1 minute. Carefully fold in half to enclose filling then cook covered for a further 1 minute. Sprinkle with extra parmesan, season with pepper and serve immediately scattered with capers and micro herbs, and lemon on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|