- Serves 12
This pie features silky, yolky lemon curd filling and a light marshmallow meringue top. Everyone will want a slice! It features a delish lemon curd recipe, too!
- melted butter, for greasing
- 1 quantity of lemon curd (see recipe in linked recipe, below)
- fresh passionfruit pulp of 3 passionfruits
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped, chilled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 eggwhites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- To make pastry, put flour and icing sugar in a large bowl. Add butter and use fingertips to rub until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and 1 tbsp chilled water. Mix with hands until dough ball forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 23cm-dia. base (26.5cm top) fluted loose-bottomed pie tin with butter. Roll dough into a disc between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Line base and sides of tin with pastry. Trim off excess overhanging pastry and neaten edge. Dock (prick) base with a fork several times.
- Line dough with baking paper and add baking weights. Bake for 15 minutes. Discard paper and baking weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool to room temperature (see tips, below).
- To make meringue, put egg whites and cream of tartar in bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high, using whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form. Add caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until glossy and thick, with no grains of sugar visible. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Spoon curd evenly into pastry shell. Spoon meringue mixture in centre of pie and spread to create decorative peaks, leaving a 1cm border. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and dry to touch. Set aside to cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve drizzled with passionfruit and raspberries on the side.
The pie crust can be baked the night before filling.The finished pie can be made a day ahead – keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.6 g|
|- Sugars||27.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|