All the good things are whacked into one delicious brekkie stack. It’s drippy, it’s gooey and it’s darn delicious! Plus, this version is gluten-free, too.
- 375 g chorizo, sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 8 slices sliced gluten-free soy and linseed bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small eggs
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ⅓ cup tomato chutney
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper, to season
- finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Heat a large lidded frying pan over a high heat. Cook chorizo, turning, for 6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Wipe pan clean.
- Cut a 6cm-dia. circle from centre of 4 of the bread slices and discard circles. Brush both sides with oil.
- Return pan to a medium heat. Put in slices with holes and cook for 1 minute or until golden then flip. Crack 1 of the eggs into a small bowl and pour into 1 hole. Repeat with remaining eggs and bread in pan. Cover with lid and cook for a further minute or until egg white has set but egg yolk is still runny.
- Meanwhile, toast remaining slices in toaster until golden. Spread each toasted slice with avocado and chutney. Top with cheese and chorizo. Put egg toasts on top to sandwich. Season and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.4 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.0 g|