This egg-free chocolate cake is baked in a frying pan! With such a shallow base, the middle of the cake remains a little gooey, perfect for dipping berries.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups Dutch cocoa powder
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pure cream, plus extra for drizzling
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- mixed fresh berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 22cm ovenproof frying pan. Sift flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Add sugars and stir.
- Combine the cream, butter and vanilla in a jug. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir through the choc bits. Spread mixture over the base of the prepared frying pan.
- Pour 1 cup hot water, over the back of a spoon, over the cake mixture, do not stir. Bake for 35-40 min. Stand for 10 min. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream and berries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.4 g|
|- Sugars||38.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||16.9 g|