Recipe by: Create Bake Make
Create Bake Make's genius recipe for Easter egg brownies is perfect for chocoholics! Choose your favourite mini eggs and get creative – kids can help, too!
- 150 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- 100 g medium hollow chocolate Easter eggs, broken into pieces
- 50 g candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs, or other mini Easter egg variety of choice
- 50 g mini milk chocolate eggs with fondant centre, or other mini Easter egg variety of choice
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan (you want it to be big enough to add the extra ingredients to later) and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add vanilla extract and eggs, whisking the mixture as you go.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Add Easter egg pieces and mini Easter eggs and stir to combine.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Top the brownies with a few mini Easter eggs to decorate, if you wish.
- Place the brownies into the oven for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cooked brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin before removing. Cut into small pieces to serve.
It’s important to let the brownies cool completely in the tin before removing, as this ensures they set. You can use any type of Easter egg chocolate for this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|