Recipe by: Create Bake Make
- Makes 24
There's nothing like dipping an Anzac biscuit into your afternoon cup of tea, but why not try a spin on the original with Create Bake Make's almond edition.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 100 g flaked almonds
- 140 g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 170°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, caster sugar, coconut, rolled oats and flaked almonds.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda mixture into a small saucepan and cook over a low heat until melted and combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then pour in the liquid mixture, and stir through.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and shape into balls. Don't worry if your mixture is a little crumbly, just squeeze it together and it will come together when baking. Place onto the trays and flatten slightly with the back of your hand.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the biscuits are a dark golden colour.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire tray to cool completely.
If you prefer a crispy biscuit, cook for an extra 2-3 minutes.
Your mixture will be a little crumbly, simply squeeze it together to form a ball.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|