- Serves 4
Smoked almonds give this vegetarian pasta dish added crunch, and with asparagus and zucchini, it's a quick & easy way to add some greens into your diet.
- 375 g farfalle pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed, split lengthways and halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 g butter, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Add asparagus and garlic. Cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add pasta, butter, juice, parmesan and reserved cooking liquid over a medium heat. Toss through half the rind and half the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with almonds and remaining rind and chives.
Replace smoked almonds with toasted almonds, or for a nut-free option, try toasted pepitas or sunflower seeds.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||74.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.7 g|