These mini chocolate eclairs are topped with dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, and have a decadent choc hazelnut cream filling – they're simply devine!
- 100 g unsalted butter, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 g dark chocolate melts, melted
- ½ cup chopped, skinless hazelnuts, toasted
Choc hazelnut cream
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 ½ cups thickened cream, whipped
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in water in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add flour all at once. Vigorously stir with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball. Return pan to a low heat. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer hot dough to small bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue to beat until smooth and glossy. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain nozzle. Pipe 8cm lengths, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Gently brush tops with water.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove. Cool on trays for 5 minutes.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut eclairs in half lengthways. Using your fingers, carefully remove and discard any soft dough from halves. Place cut-side up on same oven trays.
- Return to very hot oven for a further 3 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on trays.
- One at a time, dip eclair tops in chocolate. Sprinkle over nuts. Stand until set.
- To make cream, fold hazelnut spread into cream.
- Spoon cream onto bases of eclairs (about 2 tbsp). Replace tops. Serve.
Filled eclairs can be made up to several hours ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|