Drizzled with melted white chocolate, this light-as-air cake has a vanilla bean mascarpone cream filling. Strawberries give rich chocolate a fruity burst.
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- melted white chocolate, to decorate
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 g tub mascarpone
- Invert bases of two 24cm springform pans (base measures 22cm). Grease and line bases and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tblsp at a time, beating until dissolved. Beat for a further 5 minutes, or until thick and
glossy. Fold in combined sifted cocoa and cornflour and vinegar. Divide evenly between pans. Smooth over tops.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for 1 hour, 30 minutes, or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven. Cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Remove.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl of electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Just before serving, sandwich pavlovas together with half the mascarpone cream. Top with remaining cream. Decorate with strawberries. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
If you don’t have springform pans, trace a 22cm circle on two sheets of baking paper. Place paper trace-side down on two greased oven trays. Spread meringue evenly to edge of circles. Smooth tops. Cooking time will vary.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.3 g|
|- Sugars||39.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|