- Serves 6
Bruschetta is so good, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have it for brekkie! Bacon rashers, feta and truss tomatoes make a fab start to the day.
- 2 x 130 g punnets truss cherry tomatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g British-style reduced-salt unsmoked back bacon rashers
- 200 g Danish feta, crumbled
- 6 x 2cm-thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
- ⅓ cup caramelised onion jam
- 30 g baby rocket leaves
- caramelised balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Place tomatoes in a small roasting pan lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add bacon in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Just before serving, spread feta evenly over sourdough. Top with bacon, relish, tomatoes and rocket. Drizzle with balsamic.
British-style bacon is unsmoked, slow-matured rashers of back bacon, available from supermarkets. You can use shortcut bacon rashers, prosciutto or pancetta instead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|