- Serves 4
With cup mushrooms, carrot, garlic, beef mince and dried Italian herbs, this spaghetti bolognese recipe is budget-friendly and full of tomatoey goodness.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 200 g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 400 g bottle passata
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 375 g fettuccine
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add beef. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Add mushrooms, paste and herbs. Stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sauce and water.
- Bring to boil. Simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 15 minutes, or until thickened. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Serve sauce over pasta. Garnish with parmesan.
Fettuccine can be replaced with spaghetti or spaghettini.
Meat sauce can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to two months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||79.0 g|
|- Sugars||12.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.9 g|