With frozen peas, potato chunks and crushed tomatoes, this curried beef mince meat recipe is not only budget-friendly, but deliciously rich in flavour, too.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 500 g washed potatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400 g can canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Add potatoes and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, raisins and combined water and stock cube. Bring to boil. Gently boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes, or until potato is tender and sauce is thickened. Add peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove. Stir in coriander.
- Serve with rice and yoghurt. Garnish with coriander sprigs.
Try replacing beef mince with chicken and serve with pappadums.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.9 g|
|- Sugars||15.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.0 g|