Enjoy delicious seasonal squash in this pork chop dinner. Chops are served on a creamy potato colcannon with kale and green spring onions mixed throughout.
- 600 g Australian pork midloin chop, rind removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- steamed squash, cut into wedges
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 4 green spring onions, chopped
- ½ bunch kale (240g), trimmed and finely shredded
- ½ cup milk
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- To make colcannon, boil potatoes in a stockpot of water until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in same pot over a low heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Return potatoes with milk. Mash until smooth. Season. Keep warm.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove pan from heat. Remove pork. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Stir ¼ cup water, sugar and vinegar into same pan. Return to heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Remove.
- Serve pork over colcannon with squash. Drizzle glaze over pork.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|