- Serves 8
Jazz up the side salad next family get together, with this fancy potato salad recipe. Boiled potatoes get the special treatment with cucumbers, cabbage & basil.
- 800 g baby red potatoes
- ¾ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 75 g whole sweet and sour pickled cucumber, thickly sliced (see notes, below)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage (optional)
- 50 g rocket leaves, rinsed
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and cut into wedges
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and allow to cool in cold water. Drain again. Cut in half, or quarters if large.
- Put parsley and basil in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard in a small bowl until smooth. Season. Add to processor with herbs and process until combined. Store in a sealed jar until ready to serve.
- Combine potatoes, onions, cucumbers, cabbage, rocket and eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to a container if taking to a picnic. Seal and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, add dressing and stir until combined.
Sweet & sour cucumbers are pickled baby cucumbers. Various styles of pickled cucumbers are available from the supermarket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.7 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|