Get that pub-steak satisfaction with this easy beef dinner idea. Rump steaks take only moments to cook, then top them with a creamy mushroom & peppercorn sauce.
- 4 beef rump steaks
- 8 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp dried green peppercorns
- 2 tsp snipped fresh chives
- 300 ml thickened cream
- frozen oven fries, to serve
- Season steaks and cook in a heated pan for 6-8 min, turning once (see tips, below). Remove from pan, cover and set aside.
- Reheat the pan and add mushrooms. Stir through green peppercorns and chives with thickened cream. Increase heat, simmer rapidly, then reduce heat to low. Cook for 5-6 min. Spoon a little sauce over plated steaks. Serve with fries and salad if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||30.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.9 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|