Seafood and plums go together swimmingly – dive right in! On the table in just 20 minutes, this white fish recipe is pan-fried with tarragon & cranberry jelly.
- 2 x 150 g deboned white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp light margarine
- 2 large white-fleshed plums, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp cranberry jelly
- juice of ½ an orange
- 60 ml (¼ cup) salt-reduced chicken stock or gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g green beans, steamed, to serve
- 300 g small Carisma potatoes, halved, steamed, to serve
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- Coat fish in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side, or until opaque. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside.
- Add margarine and plums to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until caramelised. Transfer to a plate. Add cranberry jelly, juice and stock to pan. Simmer, for 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half. Return plums. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place fish, beans and potatoes on serving plates. Spoon plums and sauce over fish. Sprinkle with tarragon and pepper. Serve immediately.
nutrition info PER SERVE 1633kJ, protein 34g, total fat 10.7g (sat. fat 1.9g), carbs 34g, fibre 6g, sodium 633mg • Carb exchanges 21⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.9 g|
|- Sugars||15.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|