- Serves 1
Packed with protein and nutritious vegies, this recipe is simply souperb! With a gluten-free option available, this soup serves one, meaning there's no waste.
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 125 ml (½ cup) salt-reduced chicken stock or gluten-free stock
- 1 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin (see tips, below)
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin strips
- 90 g Obento soba noodles or gluten-free noodles
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ small fresh red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring water, stock, soy sauce, mirin, ginger and garlic to a simmer over medium heat. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until meat is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return stock to a simmer. Add carrot and noodles. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and simmer for a further minute.
- Shred chicken and add to pan with spinach. Cook for 30 seconds or until spinach wilts. Serve topped with fresh chilli, if using.
You’ll find mirin in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
PER SERVE 1601kJ, protein 42g, total fat 5.1g (sat. fat 1.4g), carbs 35g, fibre 11g, sodium 783mg • Carb exchanges 21⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.7 g|
|- Sugars||11.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|