- Serves 2
Serving two, this recipe is a great one for a date night. Using red capsicum & snow peas creates crunch in this chicken stir-fry with fresh lime & ginger.
- 300 g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat, diagonally thinly sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks or diagonally sliced
- 2 celery sticks, diagonally thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 100 g snow peas, diagonally sliced
- 1 tbsp water
- 200 g packet Obento udon noodles or gluten-free noodles
- Put chicken, lime zest and juice, ginger, soy and honey in a shallow dish. Turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over a medium-high heat. Add the veg and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add water, and cook, covered for 1 minute.
- Add noodles, chicken and marinade to wok. Toss for 1-2 minutes or until noodles are heated through. Divide between bowls and serve.
PER SERVE 1689kJ, protein 40g, total fat 9.7g (sat. fat 1.9g), carbs 36g, fibre 5g, sodium 463mg • Carb exchanges 2½ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|