- Serves 1
In a pickle? THIS heavenly sandwich will satisfy your midday munchies. With cucumber, smoked salmon and avocado, it's a lunch you'll be looking forward to.
- ½ carrot, peeled into ribbons
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp extra-light sour cream
- ½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices Tip Top 9 grain wholemeal bread or gluten-free bread
- ½ cup rocket leaves
- ¼ small avocado, thinly sliced
- 30 g salt-reduced smoked salmon
- Put carrot, cucumber, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Whisk sour cream, lemon juice and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 slice of bread with the sour cream mixture, then top with rocket leaves, pickled vegetables, avocado and smoked salmon. Sprinkle with pepper and top with a bread slice.
You can pickle the vegies the night before, draining them after 30 minutes, then covering and keeping in the fridge. Short on time? Throw the carrot, cucumber, vinegar and sugar in a small container in the morning. Just drain the marinade before adding to the sandwich.
PER SERVE 1599kJ, protein 19g, total fat 15.4g (sat. fat 3.4g), carbs 34g, fibre 12g, sodium 448mg • Carb exchanges 21⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.3 g|