Lunchtimes don't have to mean peanut butter sandwiches. This chicken tandoori wrap with mango slices, carrot and slivered almonds will have the office jealous!
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 80 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat
- cooking spray
- 1 Helga's lower-carb wholemeal wrap or gluten-free wrap
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- ½ small carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ mango cheek, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp basil pesto or gluten-free pesto
- Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Sprinkle a little turmeric, coriander and cumin over both sides of the chicken and rub in.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray, chargrill for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Shred the meat.
- Top wrap with spinach, coriander and carrot. Arrange shredded chicken, mango slices and almonds over the top. Whisk yoghurt and pesto and drizzle over the filling. Roll up, halve and serve.
Helga’s Wholemeal Lower Carb Wrap gets the dietitian’s tick with less than 300mg sodium per serve.
PER SERVE 1572kJ, protein 29g, total fat 13.9g (sat. fat 3.7g), carbs 30g, fibre 8g, sodium 369mg • Carb exchanges 2 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.9 g|