Using store-bought char-grilled vegetables in oil, this sandwich can be made in minutes. Keep a jar in the fridge and make this sandwich when in a rush!
- 2 tbsp low-fat ricotta
- 2 slices Burgen soya and linseed bread or gluten-free bread
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 40 g (½ cup) mixed char-grilled vegetables in oil, patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 tbsp walnuts, broken into pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spread ricotta over both slices of bread. Top 1 slice of the bread with basil leaves, chargrilled vegetables and walnuts. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place second piece of bread on top of the nuts. Press down. Serve.
Make this one even tastier by popping it under the grill or in a sandwich press to add a nice toasty crunch. (Pictured)
PER SERVE 1317kJ, protein 14g, total fat 15g (sat. fat 2g), carbs 24g, fibre 13g, sodium 467mg • Carb exchanges 12⁄3 • GI estimate low • Lower carb option • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.9 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|