Lunchtime just got exciting thanks to this ginger & lemongrass chicken roll. Served on crusty bread, this salad and chicken combo comes with fresh chilli.
- 70 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat
- ¼ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ carrot, peeled into ribbons or shreds (see tip, below)
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons or shreds
- 70 g long wholemeal roll or gluten-free roll
- 2- 3 slices fresh long red chilli
- Put chicken, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, oil and lime in a small dish. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Drain marinade and reserve it. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked. Transfer to a plate. Add marinade and soy sauce to pan and cook, stirring, until simmering. Shred chicken and add to the pan. Toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut bread roll lengthways about three-quarters of the way through. Add coriander, mint, carrot and cucumber. Top with chicken and chilli, if using. Serve.
A spiraliser will cut veg into long strips or ribbons.
PER SERVE 1512kJ, protein 25g, total fat 8.4g (sat. fat 1.5g), carbs 39g, fibre 11.4g, sodium 561mg • Carb exchanges 22⁄3 • GI estimate medium • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|