- Serves 2
This tikka masala prawn curry is cooked with coconut milk and is packed with zucchini, snow peas and coriander. It's a fast and spicy seafood curry recipe.
- 85 g (⅓ cup) Doongara rice
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- 400 g green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 ½ tbsp Patak's tikka masala paste or gluten-free curry paste
- 185 ml (¾ cup) boiling water
- 125 ml (½ cup) canned light coconut milk
- 200 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
- 80 g snow peas, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- To make pickled cucumber, combine cucumber, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Cook rice in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick wok over medium-high heat. Add prawns. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until prawns are just browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add water, coconut milk and cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini to wok. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes or until zucchini is almost cooked. Add snow peas and prawns. Cook, partially covered, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide rice between shallow serving bowls. Spoon over the prawn curry and sauce. Top with coriander. Drain liquid from the cucumber and serve with curry.
PER SERVE 1790kJ, protein 30g, total fat 9.7g (sat. fat 4.8g), carbs 49g, fibre 9g, sodium 615mg Carb exchanges 31⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.8 g|
|- Sugars||16.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|