- Serves 2
Crisp on the top, tender and creamy in the middle. The perfect midweek pie. Using canned salmon, it's easy on the purse strings, and only takes 40 minutes.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 100 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Antonio filo pastry sheets
- 210 g canned red salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 zucchini, grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 100 g low-fat ricotta
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 3 x 60 g eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) skim milk
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 20 g rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray 2 x 250ml (1-cup) pie dishes with cooking spray.
- Put broccoli in a small microwave-safe dish. Add 60ml water. Cover and cook on high/ 100% for 1½-2 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place 1 sheet of pastry on a clean surface. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Top with another sheet of pastry. Repeat spraying and layering the remaining sheets. Cut pastry in half and use to line the pie dishes, allowing pastry to overhang sides.
- Divide salmon between pie dishes. Top with broccoli, zucchini, ricotta and pine nuts. Whisk eggs, milk and pepper in a small bowl. Pour evenly between pie dishes. Fold pastry over to completely cover filling. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is set. Serve pies with rocket.
PER SERVE 1862kJ, protein 42g, total fat 17.7g (sat. fat 4g), carbs 26g, fibre 4g, sodium 791mg • Carb exchanges 12⁄3 • GI estimate low • Lower-carb option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.3 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|