Comforting deliciousness that’s healthy to boot! Gluten-free pasta tastes just as good as regular fettuccine in this cauliflower and leek creamy comfort dish.
- ½ cube Massel salt-reduced chicken-style stock powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into large florets
- ½ leek, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp drained baby capers
- cooking spray
- 150 g fresh linguine or gluten-free pasta
- 1 tsp cornflour or gluten-free cornflour
- 80 g (⅓ cup) Philadelphia light cooking cream
- 5 g finely grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a medium roasting pan with baking paper. Combine stock cube and boiling water in a jug. Put cauliflower, leek, garlic, oil and rosemary leaves in the roasting pan. Pour 125ml (½ cup) of the stock over cauliflower. Cover with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Uncover cooked cauliflower and sprinkle with capers. Spray with cooking spray and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add linguine and cook for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Combine cornflour, cream and remaining stock in a small bowl. Add cream sauce to the pasta. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until heated through and sauce thickens slightly. Spoon in roasted cauliflower mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide pasta between two shallow serving bowls. Top with parmesan and pepper. Serve.
PER SERVE 1657kJ, protein 17g, total fat 10g (sat. fat 3g), carbs 52g, fibre 12g, sodium 779mg • Carb exchanges 3½ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|