A magnificently modern meat and four veg – this beef steak recipe is great to pair with a glass or red wine. Use serving plates, and enjoy a graze-ful dinner.
- 2 x 100 g beef fillet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat
- freshly ground black pepper
- 80 g (⅓ cup) frozen peas
- 20 g (1 cup) rocket leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 40 g snow peas, shredded
- balsamic glaze, to serve
Sweet potato gratin
- olive oil cooking spray
- 200 g sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ leek, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp cornflour or gluten-free cornflour
- 60 g (¼ cup) Philadelphia light cooking cream
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) skim milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 30 g (¼ cup) reduced-fat grated cheese
- To make sweet potato gratin, preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Spray 2 x 250ml (1-cup) ovenproof dishes with cooking spray. Bring a large saucepan of water with a steamer basket placed inside, to a simmer. Place potato and leek in the basket. Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Layer potatoes and leek between the prepared dishes. Whisk cornflour, cream, milk and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour evenly over vegetables. Place the dishes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray beef with cooking spray and season with pepper. Cook 2 minutes each side, for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Cook peas in a small microwave dish on high/100% for 2 minutes. Combine peas, rocket, cucumber and snow peas in a bowl.
- Divide chargrilled beef and salad between serving plates and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with sweet potato gratin.
PER SERVE 1636kJ, protein 36g, total fat 12.2g (sat. fat 5.6g), carbs 30g, fibre 8g, sodium 300mg • Carb exchanges 2 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.3 g|
|- Sugars||13.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|