Using fresh lasagne sheets, this easy-to-make, one-pan ragu is a delicious crowd pleaser. With garlic, oregano and onion, beef mince is full of flavour.
- 375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets (8 sheets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 500 g beef mince
- 140 g tub tomato paste
- 2 x 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 x 10 g beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to season
- grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Cut lasagne sheets crossways into 2cm-wide strips. Gently separate strips.
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add onion, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in paste.
- Add tomatoes, water, stock cubes and vinegar. Season. Bring to boil. Gently stir in pasta strips. Reduce heat. Gently boil, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove.
- Serve with parmesan cheese (optional). Garnish with pepper.
For a change, replace beef mince with chicken or pork and veal mince. To spice it up, add a pinch of dried chilli flakes.
Fresh lasagne sheets are available in the refrigerator section of major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|