This budget-friendly dinner is super easy. Using crushed tomatoes with herbs, ricotta cheese and butternut pumpkin, it's a deliciously cheesy vegetarian main.
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground sage leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 250 g tub sour cream
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- Toss pumpkin and onions with garlic, sage and oil in a large roasting pan. Season.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Roughly mash. Cool. Stir in ricotta.
- Whisk tomatoes and sour cream in a jug. Season.
- Spread ½ cup of the tomato mixture over base of a 19cm x 28cm rectangular ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity). Place pumpkin mixture (about 1 cup) lengthways along one long side of each lasagne sheet. Roll up from long sides. Arrange cannelloni in a single layer over tomato mixture. Pour over remaining tomato mixture to cover cannelloni. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cover with oiled foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 20 to 25 minutes, or until cannelloni is tender and top is golden brown. Serve.
Remaining lasagne sheets from packet can be torn, cooked and added to any heated pasta sauce for a quick meal, or freeze for another use.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.8 g|
|- Sugars||11.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|